Jubilee Baby

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

At last!!! mid June-mid July 2009








































Hi everyone, we ARE still alive and kicking but have been very busy... So I'm following Ome Onno's advise and am going to start with our holiday in Wells-next-the-sea mid June and see where we go from there :)
After daddy had (finally) finished his thesis for which he got a great grade we could go on holiday and so we did!
We went to the North Norfolk coast to Well-next-the-sea.
We had a lovely time there and some of you may have heard that we even want to live there and tried to buy a house!!! Maybe in the future :)
We stayed in a big caravan 5 minutes walk from the sand of the beach behind the dunes. And I loooooooooved it! I could be grumpy all morning and driving my mummy to the edge (but not over it-please note :) and then as soon as I stepped onto the sand I was a different child and I felt free as a bird and teh happiest girl there ever was:) Couldn't get enough of dipping in the sea, looking for shells and stones, making sand cakes, castles and tracks. On the day we arrived our friendsWe also went to the Sea Life Centre and seal sanctuary in Hunstanton where I saw a timy baby seal without her mama and that was sad, but the otters and penguins made laugh a lot. I also got to feed the big Pacu fish dried peas with daddy and than with mama. Afterwards I got a chocolate icecream-what else does a girl need?! :) We also had a lovely time at Fiona's with dinner and a play with Milo the baby and Squiggy the dog and Tara. Went for a country lane walk and had our feet dangling in a little (very cold!) river and did Pooh sticks-ahhh country life..... The week flew by, especially with all the excitement of this house thing -it was a lovely place and I'm hoping it will still be around next year so we can have another chance!
On the last morning we went to Holkham beach, which belongs to a great estate and was a little drive down the road. The space there was incredible-sand everywhere and at the end of it all sea, or woods, or sky-WOW...! You gotta see it :) I had to have a splash in the sea-of course!-and ended up all without no clotehs on and very cold. But daddy and mama wrapped me up warm in dry clothes and daddy carried me to the dunes for a little snack. I love my daddy!!
After we got back mama and papa started building a yurt and it should be ready in time for the Green Man Camp in August, so you will see pictures of it then :) Papa already got a job for later in teh summer and I already got most of my school uniform for when I start school 17 sept! I will post a picture of it when I got one. It's only 2 more days at nursery before the summer holidays start. I have made all my lovely teachers bookmarks with dried flowers that daddy and I picked and dried :) Papa is away to sit for some time now and it's just mama and me. We have already been to the hairdresser's together last Saturday (see the funny pictures we took of ourselves? One looks like I'm about to do something really naughty -hihi! I have cut my hair myself since, poured a big jug of water all over the carpet and things like that, but that is just a way to help mummy build her character:) And yesterday we came back from London where we went to see 'other Freya' , Ingrid, Billie and Mike, because they are our friends but moved to London and we haven't seen them for such a long time! We stayed the night and it was great to see them again. Freya and I dressed up like we always do. I think I miss that the most. And then we went to a park mama used to go to when she lived in London a long time ago. It was nice and sunny and on top a hill. Freya and I played on a pirate ship before picking up Ingrid from her new school. Then us girls played all together :) I had a good sleep there and the next day we went to the Horniman's Museum before mama and I had to go back on a bus, a train, a bus, a very longtrain and a walk home. Now things have calmed down around here I will try to catch up with all the in between pictures too and then you are all up to date again! Have a lovely summer-don't get too wet(!) Love, Freija XX

1 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger India said…

    Merci beaucoup for the lovely card you made and for the birthday wishes§

    Hope you had had an equally good one with your loving mum and dad...

    As for me, I was very happy to blow 4 candles on my birthday cake and had been particularly looking forward to this occasion since months! Finally, that done, I feel like a 'grande fille'...I am sure you do too...Being 4 with all the fun and school....:)

    Thanks once again for the card, the words and the book!

    Sending you much love from Paris...

    r

     

Post a Comment

<< Home