Jubilee Baby

Saturday, September 04, 2010

summer holidays are here!





Hello! Now I am well and truly back to school it is time to tell you about my summer holidays. They went in a flash, I can tell you! It's easy to get used to lazing about and playing with friends and that :)

After Opa left we did things like going to more craft sessions and I played at my friend Beth's house, had a swim with Malene and Oliver- friends I hadn't seen in ages, and also went to the castle museum with my friend Edward. It was good fun with lots medieval games and tools. And we had a good look (and run!) about the renovated stuffed animals section.
There was a kidzone in the park nearby and my friend good Amelie was there too. We did some crafts, had picnic and spend a long time in teh paddling pool and the in the queue for the facepainting. We were both butterflies and her little sister Freya a tiger.

We had to really say goodbye to our friends Meike, Dolf, Ravi and Milla- once in a pub with lots of other (Dutch) people and one time we tried to have a lovely Indian meal, but the babies cried all the time when they were supposed to be asleep and me and Ravi got bored, so the grown-ups had to eat their meals one after the other! (hihi!)

Nanny and Granddad took me out for the day to Amazona Zoo in Cromer and that was good fun! I saw lots of smaller wild animals there and chips (of course-yum!)
http://www.amazonazoo.co.uk/

And then for my birthday treat (in stead of a present to unwrap) they took me to Great Yarmouth for the day. We went to the Sea Life Centre and I saw Nemo fish and sea horses and penguins (like the pictures I took of them? On my own camera!)
http://www.sealifeeurope.com/local/index.php?loc=greatyarmouth
They treated me too a VERY chocolatey icecream and chips and we had a play on the beach- paddling in the cool sea and pretending we had kites :) It was a good day (but I missed my Mama once I started to get tired..).

The day after Amazona we went to Buckingham for our mini holiday on our way to London to get me my new passport. We stayed in a Bread & Breakfast (=B&B:) that was on a farm. I enjoyed the trampoline and tree-swing they had there and to look at the cows in the field around the house.

http://www.weatherheadfarm.co.uk/

We stayed for 2 nights and hired a nice car to go there. On the Sunday we went to Stowe Gardens-very beautiful- and had a long walk in lovely weather. It had lots of pretend old buildings in it. We made some funny pictures. Mama danced with Esmee and Daddy and I showed you can do yoga anywhere! Daddy also wore my sunhat and looked silly with that :)

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-stowegardens

Then we went to London by train from Milton Keynes and it got us close to the Dutch Embassy so that was great! We didn't need to wait long 'cos Mama had got everything ready :) I even got to write my name to put on th esignature bit in my passport! Well cool :)

When all of that was done we had a walk in Hyde Park and I had a splash and play in the memorial fountain for Princess Diana. It is a lovely fountain especially for someone like me who can't resist water!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana,_Princess_of_Wales_Memorial_Fountain

After that we had a good lunch at Waga's -my favourite! and then we went back by train after being a few bits in the outdoor shops along Kensington High Street- it's handy having a mum who lived inLondon ;)



















That week it was mama & Daddy's 4th wedding anniversay and Mama got 'Hell' to use in the kitchen. ( a racy red hand mixer she wanted a long time as she considered herself ready for a promotion in housewife-ness :)
She is very happy with it and we made biscuits with it that day :) It makes a lot of noise, but does a great job.
I love cakes with 'Hell' let loose on it- they are nice and fluffy :)


Not long after it was my 5th birthday!!!
I had chosen a really chocolaty cake out of mama's cake book and that was the one she made for me- yoopee! Even with marshmellows!!!
We decorated it on the morning after Daddy had gone to work and I had opened ALL my presents and cards- it was like Christmas coming down!

In the morning I went to the INspire centre with my friend Edward and Iona. We made snot and had a lot of fun :)
http://www.inspirediscoverycentre.com/

In the afternoon Mama had invited my friends who live close by to come to the park and share my cake. We ate it as soon as we were all there because it looked like it was going to rainany minute! It didn't though, but we all got a nice big piece and then got to play in the sand and run around :)
We also brought a piece to Janet and Micheal who live behind us and then one for the daddies and then it was all gone! So, the nurses at Daddies work missed out.

Omee and Opee had sent me money to buy a swim hat, because I will be starting in September and no hairs must fall in the pool (to block th efilter or something)- I got a really cool Nemo one!
So, I wrote a thank you letter, because I am good at writing now :)

We have started to harvest from our veggie patch in the frontgarden. We are getting lovely lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers, raspberries (from the back), beans, parsley and yellow courgettes. It's fun! We have flowers you can eat too, they are called nasturtiums (very spicey) and calendula.

One day I went to the puppettheatre with my good friend Ethan and his mummy to see 'Billy goat's gruff' we had a great time and it was nice to spend time with Ethan as we hadn't seen eachother much over the year due to school. He is starting this September.

It won't be long before school is starting again and I get to wear my new shoes Nanny got me and the new uniform bits. I look forward to seeing my school friends again and am curious to see what we will learn with my new teacher. I hope she is as nice and kind as Miss Crosby!

The sunflowers are in bloom and getting very big and sometimes it's a bit cooler outside- change is in the air! I had a good summer Holiday, but it went a bit too quick :)

I will write more as soon as I can!

Love, Freija XX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home