Autumn half term 2009 in NL










Here's my trip to Holland with Mama over the Autumn half term. It was a short one and we left in the evening after I got back from school! And stayed a week. We went by big boat and mama drove us all the way there (!) We had a good crossing and I walked everywhere, because we only brought my scooter, but not my buggy. But I'm a big girl now and it was easy peasy lemon squeezy :) We saw most of the lovely people we know in Holland, but not grote Maya as her belly was too big to travel with the baby in the belly (who is out now and is called Thijm-great name!). We also missed Harmke and Kaz and Nina+Ella and their papa and mama-sorry!
When we arived we saw Opa in the afternoon in between the downpours. We went to the boerderij and had a bit of a walkabout. It was nice to see Opa again! The next day Oma took us to the woods with the sheep as the sun was shinnig. We walked and collected treasures and I had a good stamp in the muddy puddles! We also went through the dark ice-tunnel (scary, but exciting!) and had a snack overlooking the heath-nice! In the afternoon Omee, Opee, Ome Onno, Zanima and Renate and Alexander came to be together and catch up:) And you never guess what I got!!!! A BELLE DRESS!!!! Finally! It is agreat one and of course I had to put it on straight away. I then played with the balloons with Alexander until it was time for him to go home and Ome Onno took me out so I could show him and Zanima my scooter-ing before we had dinner altogether. It was a good day and nice to see everyone again! On Monday I think it was that we went to see Grote Oma with Opa. We had lunch with Ome Ger first and a bit of a play and then we all went to see Grote Oma. Mama had brought a new game for me and we all had a nice time with it in the restaurant. there were also ladies singing with people of the house. And when the cakes came out Ome Ger had bought me a pink one-my favourite colour! And a pink drink!-WOW...!
Then there was a day with Oma and doing some shopping and nipping out to the woods again-a nice day off. On Wednesday mama went o get a birthday necklace with Opa and for lunch Assie came and later Pink and Nienke! It was a nice warm afternoon to go to the kinderboerderij and we fed the sheep, climbed the tower, had a swing and a look around until Nienke had to go again. She had to go to school the next day. On Thursday we did a little more shopping and Ome Onno came round for a long time-yeah!! We went to the woods with the statues and had a wild time :) It was nearly the last day already... On Friday Mama had to pack and we saw Opa in the afternoon. Oma Aart had been to Utrecht and bought Mama a great book she can read to me when I'm older written by a real Dutch princess! We just about managed to get the train in Utrecht and then-off we were... It was a lovely time and it felt a bit sad to go again, but soon we will see you all again, I'm sure! Love, Freija Xx

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home